Require a new member of staff but unsure of what to include within the job description?
We have put together the following hints and tips to assist you.
A job description should outline the duties and responsibilities of the role and also provide a concise description of the skills required for the position. A well-defined job description will help attract suitable applicants, assist with the interviewing process and help to reduce employee turnover in the long run.
Your job description should include:
- Job title
- Main purpose of the job
- The position of the job within the organisation. For example the team or department within which the job is located and the lines of responsibility
- The day-to-day tasks and duties
- Any occasional duties, for example travel or covering for others
- Any special working conditions for example, shift work or travel
- Details of how to apply including the deadline for applications and contact information for any enquiries
- You may also wish to include information about opportunities and benefits attached to the job, such as holiday entitlement, promotional opportunities, commission structure or training
Want help writing your job description?
Give the team at Future Prospects a call and we will be happy to help!