- Position: Construction Buyer
- Industry: Commercial > Purchasing
- Location: Newark, Newark
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: £35K
Newark, Full Time, Permanent
From £35,000 DOE + Bonus
Our multi award-winning Newark based Client is looking for a Buyer with recent experience in Procurement in the construction industry to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the Construction buying function of the business and be able to successfully manage the supply chain while being aware of time scales and budgets.
Your responsibilities as a Construction Buyer will include:
- Providing support, advice, and guidance to the Operations and Construction Managers on all buying matters.
- Providing prices / quotes for all materials included on concept stage drawings to enable effective cost plans to be produced.
- Applying for site & permanent service connections to developments.
- Assisting the Team to collate Warranty, Building Control & Sign off certificates to enable plot handovers to proceed on time.
- Process material orders and create precise site-specific material schedules.
- Building relationships with suppliers and negotiating with them for the best quotes, quantities, and delivery timescales.
The ideal buyer will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- Previous buying experience within the construction industry
- Site experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge and understanding of materials and their applications
- Good understanding on construction technical drawings
- Proven negotiation skills
- Comprehensive Microsoft computer skills
The fantastic benefits included with this role are:
- 25 days Holiday + BH (Increasing with Length of service)
- Company pension
- Private Cash Health Plan
- Company events