- Position: Supply Chain Planner
- Industry: Industrial > Engineering
- Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £25K - £30K
Supply Chain Planner
Newark, Full Time, Permanent
£25,000-£30,000 plus excellent Company benefits
We are proud to be working in partnership with a global manufacturing business to recruit a Supply Chain Planner on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful Supply Chain Planner will be working with a small team of Planners to achieve stock and availability targets on the Company's product range in order to support business supply chain objectives. Respond to changing customer requirements and make adjustments to replenishment plan to maximise business objectives.
- Exception management: minimise stock out events, control arrears by close liaison with Suppliers, proactively review replenishment plan for SMOS (Slow Moving Obsolete Stock) purchases and rectify.
- For new enquiries / sales orders manage demand in line with budget or capacity constraints using business defined criteria for prioritisation. Control sales order processing & forecast entry in line with business objectives. Answers should be provided in agreed timescale – typically 24 hours.-
- Manage purchase order prioritisation & expediting to deliver against monthly performance targets and identify critical shortages with proposed solutions.
- Manage relationship between Demand & Supply and manufacturing to ensure optimum customer service whilst balancing NSK financial objectives
- Maintain relevant appropriate Supply product static and dynamic data in company host system related to origin of product responsibility following policy defined by Supply Data & Replenishment Planning Team Lead.
- The Supply Chain planner may have responsibility for GL (Global Logistics) volume sales. This could involve Sales Order (SO) approvals & Enquiries.
The ideal Supply Chain Planner will be able to demonstrate 3+ years' experience in a planning function and have the following experience and attributes.
- Ideally educated to A level standard (Preferably with Maths / Statistics)
- Ideally with supply chain qualifications
- Collaborative & team orientated attitude
- Numerate and decisive with good problem solving abilities
- Ability to deal with complexity
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.