- Position: Group Health & Safety Business Partner
- Industry: Other > Other
- Location: Boston, Lincolnshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £47K - £54K
Group Health & Safety Business Partner
Full Time, Permanent, Boston
Circa £47,000 - £54,000 plus Company Vehicle
Future Prospects Group are proud to be partnering with an established, family-run business to appoint a Group Health & Safety Business Partner on a full time, permanent basis. The successful Candidate will be responsible for setting the health and safety agenda, driving forward the overall health and safety performance in the UK and working with senior management to improve the overall health and safety culture.
The Group Health & Safety Business Partner will:-
- Lead the development, implementation, evaluation and review of the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Work with team Managers (on and offsite) to enable them to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities and assist them to implement, maintain and review the company’s policies and procedures.
- Review all accident reports and where necessary, carry out accident investigations and and prepare root cause reports on corrective and preventative actions. Ensure external reporting is completed to the relevant authority.
- Act as the focal point for all health and safety matters.
- Assist with claims management for personal injury claims.
- Plan, develop and where possible, deliver health and safety training for employees, including induction training.
- Ensure contractors conform to current legislative requirements, meet business standards and are safely managed.
- Develop SOPs and risk assessment plans with team Managers.
- Continuously assess and maintain health and safety compliance via an internal audit schedule.
- Generate action plans and set KPI’s to ensure health and safety compliance.
- Interact with external agencies on behalf of the business.
- Interact with all levels of employee to ensure that the importance of health and safety is understood and applied practically and effectively.
- Promote a positive safety culture and behaviours.
The successful Group Health & Safety Business Partner will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in improving and implementing health and safety policies and procedures.
- the ability to influence and encourage pro-active behaviours to improve the overall health and safety culture.
- A NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent (desirable).
- Previous auditing experience.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation / Approved Codes of Practice, Industry Guidance, etc.
- Previous experience of effective multi-site management.
- Experience of accident investigation and management (including root cause analysis) and PI claim management.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with the ability to influence at all levels. The Group Health & Safety Business Partner will have exceptional rapport building skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively in addition to being impartial, discreet and patient.
This role will include working over multi-sites across the UK and Ireland.
Does this sound like the role for you? Please contact the Future Prospects team to find out additional information on this employment opportunity.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.