- Position: Assistant Buyer
- Industry: Commercial > Admin, Secretarial, PA
- Location: Newark, Notts
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £23K - £27K
Newark, Full time, Permanent
Salary £23,000 - £27,000 per annum.
Our Newark based client is seeking an experience Assistant Buyer to join them on a full time, permanent basis. You will need to a be a team player, an efficient problem solver and somebody who is confident with data analysis and interpretation.
Role and Responsibilities
As Assistant Buyer your role will involve:
- Completion of procurement requirements with each department
- Negotiation of cost prices and terms
- Placing orders and managing call offs
- Expediting orders
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications
- Developing supplier relationships
You will also be required to manage return requests, work closely with internal departments, and maintain accuracy of information.
We are seeking an individual who has relevant experience and exposure to purchasing within a manufacturing or engineering environment and is confident within data analysis and interpretation.
An ideal Assistant Buyer candidate will possess the following:
- Efficient problem solving skills
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems
- Knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to prioritise