- Position: Customs Advisor
- Industry: Commercial > Transport and Logistics
- Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £26K - £36K
Newark, Full time, Permanent
Salary up to £36,000 DOE
We are recruiting a Customs Advisor to support our client with Customs and Trade issues, to analyse and maintain trade data sets and to look after delivery of EU and UK import and export.
Role and Responsibilities
As Customs Advisor, your duties will include:
- Supporting departments across the business on all matters relating to customs compliance
- Data maintenance (checking Tariff code, procedure codes and preferential and non-preferential Origins)
- Analysing and reporting data on key Customs requirements
- Assisting in projects and tasks. For example, audits, training, new regulatory changes in legislation etc.
- Coordination of changes relating to new product classifications (including Biding Tariff agreements and import / export licenses)
- Assisting in day to day Customs queries arising from the business in relation to cross border trade
- Providing support on special projects
- Identifying areas of customs compliance risk
An ideal candidate for Customs Advisor will possess:
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access – being comfortable in data manipulation and running data queries from multiple data sources
- A working knowledge of UK and EU customs programs and an understanding of duty mitigation opportunities (including free trade agreements and duty suspension programs)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
A qualification / degree within Business Economics may be advantageous.
We are seeking somebody who has 5+ years working in a similar customs (compliance) role for an international Logistics / Supply Chain distribution or port / terminal or Forwarding environment. Experience of preparing and providing International Customs Compliance Service would be beneficial.