- Position: Funeral Operative
- Industry: Other > Other
- Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £Attractive
Newark, Full Time, Permanent
£10.45 per hour + Out of Hours
Our Client is a well-respected and long-established business based in the Newark area. They are seeking to employ a Funeral Operative to join their team on a Full Time and Permanent basis to perform a range of duties.
In this position, you will be expected to provide exceptional customer service in a dignified manner. Professional attitude, approachability and attention to detail are also key requirements within this role.
The successful applicant must be able to maintain the highest levels of standards and you will be trained to check and ensure everything is perfect for the funeral ceremony.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Cleaning and valeting company vehicles - to include limousines, hearse and private ambulances
- Driving ceremonial vehicles
- Bearing coffins and working as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of every funeral
- Collecting loved ones from hospitals, nursing homes and private homes
- Providing out of hours/on call support
- Ensuring the workplace is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Full UK driving license
- The focus and attention to accurately carry out detailed instructions
- Must live within a 40-minute commute of Newark (on call duties)
- An appreciation that you only get one chance to deliver a perfect final tribute
- Physically fit, as this role can be physically demanding at times
No funeral experience and experienced applicants welcome – please call our office on 01636 343034 to discuss this opportunity or request any further information. Working hours
08.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday Out of hours support: 1 evening per week / 1 weekend out of 4 (on a rota basis)
Additional payments are made for out of hours work – please call for details.