- Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
- Industry: Industrial > Engineering
- Location: Newark, Nottinghsmshire
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: £30K - £35K
Mechanical Design Engineer
Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is seeking an experienced and suitably qualified Mechanical Design Engineer to join their busy Engineering department on a full time and permanent basis.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for taking a lead role in designing new and innovative products and bespoke assemblies, including carrying out Finite Element Analysis.
- Producing timely and accurate mechanical designs/drawings for the manufacture of the company's range of bespoke products
- Participating in research and development activities including concept designs related to innovating new components, new products or new methods of manufacture
- Understanding design considerations, including customer requirements (in accordance with the design layout and any site factors/limitations), internal fabrication capabilities and commercial considerations
- Liaising with internal and external contacts including sales, planning, procurement, manufacturing together with customers and end-users.
- Ideally have a Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Previous 2D (and ideally 3D) mechanical design experience
- Fully conversant with Autodesk Inventor
- Understanding of material stress/strain
- Capable of managing and prioritising your own workload
- Ability to work to tight project deadlines, when needed
If you are looking for a technically challenging, fast-paced role, in a growing business we’d love to hear from you.