- Position: Industrial Product Specialist
- Industry: Industrial > Engineering
- Location: Lincoln , Lincolnshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £29K
Industrial Product Specialist
Full-Time, Permanent, Lincoln, £29.000
The Industrial Product Specialist reports directly to the Managing Director and currently sits within the sales division working alongside the existing product team. The responsibilities will include the identification, development, introduction, sales and monitoring of products across three Company divisions.
- To identify gaps in the product offering by talking to customers, sales teams, media and shows.
- To visit customer workshops to build relationships and trust, identify any potential product ranges for the future, listen to the customers comments regarding current requirements and consider developments/ modifications that could enhance existing products.
- Undertake market analysis of potential demand, market prices and viability.
- In conjunction with supply chain, liaise with suppliers regarding the sourcing and/ or manufacture of samples.
- Field test products with trusted customers identified by own contacts or with sales team members advice. Analyse the results and react accordingly.
- Present findings to product meetings.
- If accepted set products up on system for transfer to supply chain for processing.
- Collate all technical and marketing/ sales data for knowledge transfer to sales and marketing teams, advise QC on all technical checking requirements.
- Visit sales meetings to present the new products.
- Assist Marketing department with sales information.
- Monitor sales after set times, listen to customer comments and act accordingly to maximise sales and profit.
This position requires an honest, energetic, self-motivated, and driven individual who is at ease with technical environments, very willing to talk to customers and sales teams, able to drive the product development process in the Industrial divisions. The successful Candidate will be results driven, confident, and able to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation.
In this role it is expected that this person will undertake domestic travel and some international travel at some point as the role develops. Similar previous experience with an OEM would be an advantage.