- Position: Senior Facilities & Equipment Engineer
- Industry: Industrial > Engineering
- Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £Attractive
Senior Facilities & Equipment Engineer
Lincoln & Birmingham (dual site role - pool car provided)
Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Senior Facilities & Equipment Support Engineer to work across 2 sites in the UK (typically 3 days in Lincoln and 2 days on the outskirts of Birmingham). You will be responsible for all day to day routine & breakdown of Services, Plant and Equipment, delivering an efficient service within a timely manner.
Role & Responsibilities
Working in a small team, reporting to the Facilities & Work Engineering Manager the role will typically include working 2 days a week at a site on the outskirts of Birmingham.
- Overseeing the installation and commissioning of new equipment into the site.
- Organising external contractors for installation work and repairs to building, plant and equipment.
- Setup local contractors for the maintenance of the building.
- A point of contact for the other Engineers for issues with Equipment in Labs and Cleanroom environments.
- Liaising with external contractors, Engineers at Lincoln and OEM suppliers to resolve Plant and Equipment issues.
- Carry out weekly routine checks on Plant and Equipment to ensure the facility runs smoothly.
- Maintaining Maintenance records, plant and electrical drawings.
You will also typically work 3 days a week at the Lincoln site:
- Working with the Facilities and Works Engineering staff to gain a full understanding of the plant and systems on site.
- Providing assistance to the Facilities department for routine and breakdown tasks.
- Participating in and/or leading maintenance projects.
- Reporting progress of projects against plan and identifying areas for improvement and/or corrective action taken.
We are looking for a Senior Facilities and Support Engineer who has experience working in a similar environment with diverse experience and knowledge. We will support and develop this individual, therefore would suit someone who is keen to learn and take on a new challenge.
- Minimum of 8 years’ proven experience in a senior facilities or maintenance role.
- HNC in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Qualification in Health and Safety IOSH / NEBOSH.
- Demonstrate ability to solve complex engineering problems and to make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Strong knowledge of Electrical Systems.
- Strong Knowledge of Mechanical systems and how to maintain and repair them.
- Competent in using mechanical drawing software.
- Experience of all types of facilities Plant and able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of these systems.
- Willingness to travel between sites - Full UK driving License required (pool car provided).
- Overnight stays may be required during the week.