- Position: Assistant Engineer
- Industry: Industrial > Engineering
- Location: Hockerton, Newark, Nottinghamshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £17.4K - £18.5K
Assistant Engineer (Trainee Role)
Nottinghamshire Client (Field-based role)
Full time, Permanent, £National Living Wage
Our Nottinghamshire based client is looking to recruit an Assistant Engineer to join their expanding Technical and Engineering team. You will be predominantly site based, however some office and workshop based work will be required.
As an Assistant Engineer, you will accompany a fully trained Engineer on service and maintenance visits. You will be the face of the company and building relationships with clients. You will visit clients all over the UK, therefore may be a number of nights per week spent away from home.
As an Assistant Engineer your duties will include:
- Assist to service systems and produce reports for Clients.
- Attend technical site visits with a full trained Engineer.
- Help to install equipment when required to ensure systems is operational.
- Remedial and upgrade work as required.
- Technical reports following site visits, maintenance visits or any other site visit.
- Being responsible for your own Health and Safety in accordance with law when onsite and in the workshop (training provided).
- Assisting with stock counts and maintaining suitable stock for your van.
- Carrying out administrative work relating to all work activities.
- Ability to maintain customer relations.
The successful Assistant Engineer will be able to show:
- An interest or knowledge of electrics, pumps and control systems.
- Computer literacy with experience of the basic Microsoft Packages.
- An understanding of Health & Safety at work.
- The ability to think on your feet and be self-motivated.
- The flexible to stay away for up to 3 nights some weeks (expenses paid).
- Willingness to work towards CSCS, working at heights and working in confined spaces qualifications.
Work clothes, tools and expenses all provided
Our Client operates a COVID safe environment.