- Position: Funeral Operative (Part Time)
- Industry: Commercial > Customer Service
- Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
- Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
- Salary: £Attractive
Funeral Operative (Part Time)
Newark, Part Time, Permanent
At least 10 hours p/wk + Out of hours / On call payments (on a rota)
Our Client is a well-respected and long-established business based in the Newark area. They are seeking to employ a Funeral Operative to join their team on a Part Time, ad-hoc basis as required to perform a range of duties. You would have the opportunity to work on average at around 3-4 funerals a week (this may vary dependent on time of year)
In this position, you will be expected to provide exceptional customer service in a dignified manner. Professional attitude, being approachable and attention to detail are also key requirements within this role.
The successful applicant must be able to maintain the highest levels of standards and you will be trained to check and ensure everything is perfect for the funeral ceremony.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Cleaning and valeting company vehicles - to include limousines, hearse and private ambulances
- Driving ceremonial vehicles
- Bearing coffins and working as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of every funeral
- Collecting loved ones from hospitals, nursing homes and private homes
- Providing out of hours/on call support
- Ensuring the workplace is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Full UK driving license
- The focus and attention to accurately carry out detailed instructions
- Must live within a 40-minute commute of Newark (on call duties)
- Physically fit, as this role can be physically demanding at times
- An appreciation that you only get one chance to deliver a perfect final tribute
No funeral experience and experienced applicants welcome – please call our office on 01636 343034 to discuss this opportunity or request any further information.