- Position: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Industry: Industrial > Engineering
- Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £35K - £40K
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Newark, Full Time, Permanent
£35,000 - £40,000
To meet increasing demand following a period of sustained growth, our Client is looking to recruit a Senior Design Engineer to join their market leading team.
This is a full time and permanent position with good career progression potential for the right candidate.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design and develop the products defined in the Company Development Plan and Marketing Briefs
- Working closely under the guidance of Director of Engineering
- Produce detail drawings to BS 8888 and manage drawing changes
- Produce 3D designs using SolidWorks
- Supervise Junior Design Engineers
- Define weekly/daily work lists based on internal/external customer requirements
- Manage design work to agreed deadlines and according to quality systems
- Perform design reviews/checking of drawings to ensure quality standards are met
- Provide timely engineering feedback on quotations and technical enquiries
- Design custom orders to agreed deadlines and manage interface with customer
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to improve quality through redesign
The ideal candidate will be innovative and hardworking, have an eye for detail and the desire to become an expert in this field.
The candidate must show initiative and attention to detail, along with good communication skills and a flexible professional approach.
- Degree in engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of mechanical design experience
- SolidWorks/AutoCAD proficient
- Draft to BS8888
- Experienced in the design of electro-mechanical systems
- Team management experience
- Proven ability to deliver to design deadlines
- Working knowledge of ERP/SAP systems would be desirable
- Working knowledge of IEC/MIL/DO-160 standards (environmental etc).
- Six Sigma experience