Position: Maintenance Engineering Technician
Industry: Industrial > Engineering
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Maintenance Engineering Technician
Lincoln, Full Time, Permanent
Up to £24,000 - plus Shift Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Our Lincoln based Client is looking to appoint a Maintenance Engineering Technician to join their established Production Team on a full time and permanent basis.
The main tasks and responsibilities will be to contribute towards the smooth running of the production departments, ensuring all equipment maintenance is conducted in a timely manner with minimal disruption to production. The candidate would respond to equipment breakdowns, carrying out preventative maintenance and designing and building test fixtures.
- Working on day to day equipment breakdowns
- Responding to equipment breakdowns (including call out rota)
- Carry out preventative maintenance
- Designing and building test fixtures
- Preventative maintenance such as stripping down equipment, cleaning, changing parts and reassembly
- Instigate improvements to equipment and processes
There could be an element of working shifts within this role - however the hours can be flexible to meet the needs of the right individual in this role.
To be successful in this role you will have sound engineering knowledge background backed up by practical skills. You will be methodical, organised individual who can work under their own initiative. Due to the nature of the activities, this role will require the use of appropriate clothing to minimise particle levels within the production area. This is a hands on technical post and will require sound knowledge of Electronics, mechanical, pneumatics and fluid systems.
- ONC/HNC/HND or working towards in an electronics based discipline or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Ideally have demonstrable experience of using CAD software
- Competent in the use of all test equipment and a sound knowledge of electronics
- Understanding of schematic drawings, good soldering and practical mechanical skills essential
- A motivated, enthusiastic individual who will respond with a positive manner to the day to day problems
- A fast learner who will be able to hit the ground running
In return for your hard work and contribution, our client will offer a competitive salary and benefits package to include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (increases with length of service)
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counselling service
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.