Position: Assembly Technician - Electrical and Mechanical
Industry: Industrial > Manufacturing
Location: Hockerton, Newark, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Assembly Technician – Electrical and Mechanical
Outskirts of Newark / Mansfield, Full time, Permanent
Salary £20,000 per annum.
We are seeking an Assembly Technician to join the manufacturing team for our industry leading client based on the outskirts of Newark / Mansfield. The individual will be organised with excellent attention to details, with the ability to work independently as well as within a team and the position is central to the operation of the business.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be required to assemble and fit out the range of products including all the electrical and plumbing requirements. The Assembly Technician will prepare and pack equipment for delivery in accordance with customer requirements.
As Assembly Technician, your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assembly of the electrical wiring in control panels (PLC)
- Assembly of the plumbing in the control panels (training to be given)
- Assembly of all mechanical and electrical equipment
- Testing, monitoring and quality checks of equipment
- Prepare and pack all equipment according to the production schedule
- Load and offload equipment from delivery vehicles
- Keeping standard of Health and Safety high in the workshop
- Keeping own workspace clean and tidy
- Managing stock levels and assisting with stock counts
- Carrying out all relative administration work ie. Filing, updating hard copy and digital databases
- Assisting customers and team members with technical queries
An ideal candidate for the Assembly Technician will possess the following:
- Current electrical panel wiring experience
- Computer literate with experience of basic Microsoft packages (Word / Excel)
- Ideally qualified to operate a forklift truck (desirable)
- Understanding of Health and Safety within a manufacturing environment
You should be enthusiastic with a hard working attitude, with the ability to think on your feet and be self motivated.
We are seeking a candidate who is organised, methodical and has excellent attention to detail and who is looking for a long term career with a sound, growing company.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.