Position: Business Development Manager
Industry: Commercial > Sales
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25K - £40K
Business Development Manager
Full Time, Permanent
£25,000 - £40,000 + uncapped commission + car allowance
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to work with our client based in the Brackley/Northampton area. The ideal candidate would reside within 1 hours travel of Brackley and be able to sell the full range of logistics services to prospective customers (3PL, storage, 2-Man delivery solutions, pallet distribution, international services) identifying opportunities and pro-actively working with the Internal Account Executive to maximise new business sales.
- Identify opportunities to which logistics services could be sold
- Achieve an average of 12 new business appointments per week
- Effectively manage a new business pipeline
- To attend customer meetings and represent the company in a professional manner
- To write and co-ordinate appropriate tender response activity
- Make formal tender presentations in order to secure new business
- Fully understand the customer requirements and provide competitive, profitable pricing within agreed timescales
- Ensure accurate and timely information is provided to prospective customers
- Complete weekly sales reports and any other documentation required
- Provide Customer Service and Operational teams with accurate forecasting data
- Provide input into the annual and rolling sales and marketing plans
- To ensure that all client communication and contact details are accurately recorded on any designated software packages
- To ensure that Operations are aware of the customer start date and requirements
- To take ownership of customer implementations
- Flexibility to work extra hours at short notice and take on additional tasks when required
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a sales or business service environment. Experience in a 3PL or 4PL environment would be advantageous.
- Accurate and thorough, with a good eye for detail
- Able to analyse data, spot trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations to customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good MS Office skills (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- Proven track record in new business sales, especially at senior and board level
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to carry out a range of different duties at the same time
- Knowledge of 3PL services including 2-man solution’s, storage, pallet distribution, international services both import and export would be an advantage
Due to this being a field-based role, the successful Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.