Position: Technical Sales Estimator
Industry: Commercial > Sales
Location: Hockerton, Newark, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20K - £22K
Technical Sales Estimator
Newark / Mansfield outskirts, full time, permanent
Salary £20,000 (to increase to £22,000 following training period) plus commission
Role and Responsibilities
Your overall responsibility is to provide initial quotes to clients and manage the projects from tender to point of order, likely to include revisions and amendments. Throughout the sales process you will need to answer technical questions (training provided on systems), and assists the clients to design and size suitable systems for their requirements.
As a Technical Sales Estimator, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Size, assist in design and price systems to meet client requirements
- Communicate confidently with suppliers and clients
- Keep the internal database up to date with client and project information
- Provide technical help to clients
- Support the other estimators, sales consultants and sales manager
- Manage your own administration work
- Keep up to date with competitor products
- Attend and present client CPDs
- Arrange / attend client project sales meetings (after training)
You will also be required to answer incoming calls to the sales department, manage projects, product copy quotes, utilise industry publications and contribute to the company social media channels.
An ideal candidate for the Technical Sales Estimator position will be able to show the following:
- Experience in B2B and B2C sales
- Technical sales experience
- Ability to technical drawings etc.
- Excellent communication skills
If you have experience within the construction or drainage industry, this would be advantageous.
You will enthusiastic and hardworking, whilst being methodical and organised with a confident telephone manner and the ability to work as part of a close-knit team.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.