Position: Stone Mason / Monumental Mason / Fixer
Industry: Industrial > Manufacturing
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time
Stone Mason / Monumental Mason / Fixer
Newark, Nottinghamshire, Permanent, Full Time
£Salary dependent on experience
Our Client is a well-respected and long-established business based in the Newark area. They are seeking to employ a Stone Mason / Memorial Mason and Fixer to join their team on a Full Time and Permanent basis to perform a range of duties.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The main tasks of the role will be:
- To lay a stencil, weed it, mask off and sandblast
- Operating a Flextol machine, water fed table saw and core drilling machine
- Erecting headstones from component parts
- Using gold and palladium leaf
- Operating a plotter cutter
- Using sign writing software (SignLab, MasonART)
- Fixing memorials on site (in line with industry codes of practice)
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate:
- Good Numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- A strong attention to detail
- The ability to problem solve
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A practical hands on approach to work
- To remain professional with a proactive manner at all times
- Full clean driving licence
- NAMM/BRAMM qualification would be advantageous, but not essential
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.