Position: Management Accountant
Industry: Accounts > Finance
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Lincoln, Full time, Permanent
Salary dependent on experience
Our Lincoln based client are seeking a full time, permanent Management Accountant to join their busy finance team. An ideal candidate will be part CIMA qualified and will have worked in a similar role previously.
Role and Responsibilities
The Management Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing and analysing management information in a timely and accurate manner
- Production and analysis of monthly management accounts, reporting packs, weekly reports and statistics
- Production of Budgets and Forecasts; assist with annual budget and forecasting
- Assist the FC with quarterly and year-end group consolidations; preparation of quarterly reporting packs to parent companies and preparation of financial statements ensuring group deadlines are met.
- Variance reporting: Manufacturing variances, price variances and labour efficiencies and recoveries
- Preparation of labour and overhead rates
- Cost Accounting; Responsibility for the maintenance and update of product costs, managing the job closing process and assist the business in understanding levels of profitability of product groups/products
- Inventory; Preparation and review of stock provisions and preparation of stock reports including aged analysis/stock turns
- Fixed Assets; Oversee the maintenance of fixed asset ledger and support business managers in preparing justifications for capital expenditure
- Proactively build relationships with managers, providing professional advice / judgement to ensure issues are highlighted, risks are communicated and mitigation measures in place
- Assist with the implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of business processes and financial controls
As part of the role there will also be line management of one member of staff. You may also be tasked with providing financial training and support across the business as required.
A successful Management Accountant will be:
- Able to show initiative and problem solving skills
- Have experience of working in a similar role with a proven track record of delivering results
- A strong communicator with excellent attention to detail
- Part qualified accountant – CIMA
- Manufacturing and product costing experience would be advantageous
- It would be advantageous to have working knowledge of Epicor ERP System or similar
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.