Position: Assistant Engineer/Technician
Industry: Industrial > Engineering
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £18K - £22K
Assistant Engineer / Technician
Newark, Full Time, Permanent
£18,000 - £22,000
Our Client is looking for an Assistant Engineer/Technician to support testing and investigation activities that contribute to timely completion of technical projects, as defined by project leader(s).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Works within a team with activities and tasks set by the project leader.
- Responsible for carrying out test activities as defined by the project leader.
- Preparation of documentation, test bearings, test heads, calibration and setting up of instrumentation prior to testing.
- Maintain and monitor progress of tests to ensure successful completion with regular feedback on progress to the project leader.
- Collate test data and ensure information is adequately protected.
- Responsible for assembly and build of test equipment.
- Ensure all activities meet the requirements of company quality, health & safety and environmental systems.
- Carry out designated tasks in support of bearing investigations.
- Perform detailed and accurate measurements of bearing components
- ONC or equivalent
Skills & Knowledge
- Team working.
- A basic understanding of rolling element bearing design and manufacture.
- Basic computer competance in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate proficiently, both written & verbal
- An understanding of the effective operation and preventative maintenance of test equipment.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working within a bearing / engineering related industry.
- Operating within a TS / IATF 16949 quality environment.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency