Position: Product Test Engineer
Industry: Industrial > Engineering
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25K - £35K
Product Test Engineer
Newark, Full Time, Permanent
£25,000 - £35,000
Our client is seeking a Product Test Engineer to manage technical projects as defined and allocated by the department leader in-line with the department budget, ensuring customer requirements are met.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Control allocated project(s); performing budget proposals, time planning and utilising allocated resource to ensure successful completion.
- Perform calculations in order to specify appropriate bearing designs and auxilliary equipment to meet specified test requirements.
- Preparation of documentation, test bearings, test heads, calibration and setting up of instrumentation prior to testing
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations under supervision.
- Define / check test specifications to fulfil customer requirements
- Control test programmes utilising the most appropriate testing equipment and methods providing feedback on progress to stakeholders.
- Design of new test rigs as required to meet customer specification
- Ensure all activities are carried out within the requirements of our clients quality, health & safety and environmental systems.
- Carry out bearing investigations utilising Technicians and Senior Technicians where appropriate, taking into account priorities, timescales and resource.
- Collate data and produce technical reports.
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
Skills & Knowledge
- Project management.
- An understanding of rolling bearing design and manufacture.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of bearing design programmes.
- An ability to operate CAD systems (2D & 3D) such as IDEAS, Catia, Pro Engineer and Unigraphics.
- Accurate communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal formats.
- Minimum of 1 years experience working within a bearing / engineering related industry.
- Operating within a TS / IATF 16949 quality environment.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency