Position: Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Industry: Industrial > Engineering
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £35K - £40K
Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Newark, Full Time, Permanent
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
Our Newark based client are currently looking for an individual to lead and actively manage the development and delivery of Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and operational practices.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation, maintenance and development of Health, Safety & Environmental procedures
- Lead H.S. & E. objectives, plans and KPI’s
- Support and direct line managers in awareness/implementation of H & S techniques and roles
- Actively encourage a culture of safety; raising management and employee awareness of safety accountabilites and responsibilities
- Lead and review all H.S. & E. Risk Assessment processes (This includes personally performing risk assessments in the absence of a suitably competent person)
- Direct line managers with the execution of all H.S. & E. incidents and accidents to ensure competent investigation, reporting and corrective measure implementation
- Liaise with relevant authorities in respect of H.S. & E issues
- Review H.S. & E. departmental practices and identify and confirm the corrective measures to the European Risk & Safety Manager and the Engineering Manager
- Lead H.S. & E. management re-certification for our client, to ensure a safe and environmentally friendly place of work. (Responsibilities include maintaining H.S. & E. electronic management systems, coordination of waste stream management and support representation of our client with external auditors)
- Support environmental management processes and systems to ensure the site is compliant with certification ISO 14001
- Support H & S processes and systems to ensure site is complaint with certification to OHSAS 18001
- Maintain accurate records; compile and analysis H.S. & E statistics
- Keep up-to-date with developments in H.S. & E field including legislation, regulation, guidelines and best practice
- A Level Calibre
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- IOSH accredited (Desirable)
Skills & Knowledge
- Through working knowledge and practical ability of conducting and reporting accident and incident investigation
- A wide working and practical knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental principles and processes
- Practical application of Health, Safety and Environmental certifications, tools, systems and procedures
- Ability to organise and promote Health, Safety and Environmental projects
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organisation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to plan workload and work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills.
- I.T. literate with experience in electronic data management.
- 3 years Health, Safety & Environmental experience
- 2 years in a manufacturing environment (Desirable)
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.