Position: Project Planner
Industry: Industrial > Engineering
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Newark, Full Time, Permanent
£Attractive + Car + Benefits
Our well established and internationally recognised Newark based client is seeking a Project Planner to join their team on a full time and permanent basis.
The Project Planner will be responsible for developing and implementing the project programme for tenders and construction phase and managing the overall programme for the business. You will conduct critical path analysis and provide earned value reporting to accurately measure progress and efficiency to support the business in its operational and financial forecasting. You will also be a key player in both the pre-construction and post construction phases of New build contracts, working across all business functions including: Business Development, Design, Manufacturing and Construction.
- Development of tender programmes, covering all elements of the contracts from detailed design to completion.
- Maintain and update programmes to reflect actual and forecast positions with progress / resource / cost data.
- Develop the Project / Programme using network and critical path analysis techniques. Liaising with external contractors and suppliers to organise the phases of the construction development.
- Interface with design, manufacturing and construction delivery teams and other third parties in planning and project controls issues.
- Schedule resource and cost information into programmes to enable earned value management.
- Participate in bid and contract reviews with regards to programme management and planning.
- Working with the department heads and construction delivery teams to find ways to improve project programmes.
- Baseline and analyse ongoing project progress and performance, assessing time related risks and the impact to programme.
- Liaising with customers, internal department heads, and supply chain to organise, integrate and schedule phases of the construction plan.
- Manage and review project plans including resource, histograms, construction schedules and manufacturing plans.
- Keeping the customer’s team fully appraised of progress against programme.
- Presenting information for internal meetings on the project, including baseline programmes, earned value analysis reports where required.
- A good understanding of new build design, procurement, production and commissioning processes.
- Experience in NEC forms of contract, especially Option C and the production of activity schedules
- Possess good knowledge and experience with MS Project / Asta.
- Strong communication skills, capable of working as part of a multifunctional team.
- A proactive team player who is assertive and who possesses strong negotiation and skills.
- MCIOB/Degree or equivalent
- Extensive project experience in a planning role
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.