Position: IT Configuration / Software Build Analyst
Industry: Commercial > I.T.
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
IT Configuration / Software Build Analyst
Newark, Full Time, Permanent
Salary dependent on experience
This role will primarily focus on the application and management of software and configurations onto a range of hardware devices through a 'build and release' process.
You will also assist with any initial support requirements in Early Life Support and ensure smooth transition as software and configuration builds are signed off and deployed.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To receive software application files from Clients, to develop builds onto hardware devices with releases and patches from the hardware manufacturer and creating a signed off 'gold build'
- Creation and maintaining of Build Documentation for Clients
- To manage Over The Air (OTA) releases to predefined schedules, and to provide metrics to agreed Service Levels.
- To collaborate with new and existing Clients (phone / conference calls and face to face meetings, as required)
- Testing the application of new software onto hardware for build and / or release activity
- Proactively investigate issues reported by users and to look for ways to reduce these issues being reported
- Dynamic improvement of current processes and procedures
- Microsoft Office skills, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel
- An organised and logical approach to work
- Experience of working with a Asset Management / CRM system
- A good attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team member with a 'can do' attitude
- To maintain a professional image for the Company
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive and optimistic outlook
Knowledge of Mobile Device Management platforms and any Development experience with Windows Mobile, Windows CE, Android, Apple iOS or Windows Phone would be a advantage in this role.
Programming experience, inclusive of HTML would also be an advantage.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency.